While our 18 partner providers are on the front lines providing both regular care and extra protection for our residents during this pandemic, we’re taking active steps to support their efforts and give everyone the best possible chance at staying healthy. Here’s what we’re doing to keep our residents safe in the 88 homes throughout St. Louis, and all guests to the Wolff Community Center.
THE WOLFF COMMUNITY CENTER AND CORPORATE OFFICES OF RBV AND THE ARC:
- Given the close proximity of our offices to 13 of our homes with aging residents, most Rainbow Village office staff began working from home in mid-March. As of Wednesday, April 1st, we have fully closed the community center and offices. Our team is still here for you by phone, mail, and email.
VISITORS AND PROGRAMMING:
- In cooperation with the agencies providing resident care, VISITORS ARE NOT ALLOWED in the homes until further notice. All houses are on quarantine.
- All day programs and pool programs are suspended.
- All volunteer programs are on hold. All Adopt-A-Home landscaping projects, in-home volunteer events, and Dautel Lane garden visits are suspended.
- We continue to answer emergency maintenance requests for our homes (issues that affect resident health and safety).
- During emergency maintenance responses, the team wears face masks and gloves and limits time inside the home to only what is absolutely necessary.
- Since mid-March regular and preventative maintenance work is paused (we continue to compensate our full-time crew during this on-call period).
NEW SUPPORT MEASURES FOR OUR HOMES:
Since mid-March, Rainbow Village’s operations department is providing emergency support to partnering care providers in the following ways:
- As the houses are under quarantine and caregivers cannot run every day errands, the RBV maintenance team will reply to requests for groceries, supplies, and prescription deliveries should all other sources of delivery fail.
- As our partners face challenges sourcing everyday cleaning products and paper goods, RBV is tapping our wholesale supply chain to fulfill agency needs within the houses. Until orders can be fulfilled, RBV has donated the majority of our cleaning and disinfecting supplies to our partners.
- We’ll continue to share partner provider supply requests on our social media channels.