Rainbow Village supports the foundational needs of people with intellectual/development disabilities (I/DD) by providing accessible, safe, affordable and well-maintained neighborhood homes for individuals with varying intellectual/developmental abilities. Rainbow Village has successfully been in operation as a non-profit for over 40 years. The organization’s property portfolio has grown to over 80 community homes in 4 different counties and one campus and office headquarters in Creve Coeur.
We believe every individual of every ability has the right to a home they feel welcome in and can comfortably live in. The organization has remained stable with an annual operating budget of $3 million and is poised for future growth. It is our goal that we evolve into the housing provider of choice for service providers, families and individuals. We are looking for a leader who can strengthen and strategically grow the organization to meet the increasing need for accessible and affordable housing for individuals with varying intellectual and development abilities.
The key skills, experiences and traits for the next Executive Director are:
- Proven experience in a role of similar scope and size
- P&L management and revenue development experience
- Property management experience
- Creative problem solver
- Meaningful relationship builder
- Personnel development and management experience
- Strong commitment to maintaining and advancing the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
A more detailed description of the position is below.
If you believe you are the next leader of this great organization, please send your cover letter and resume that highlights your applicable qualifications and experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Rainbow Village staff, programs, and execution and expansion of its mission. The ED will cultivate resources for the organization and use them in a responsible way that supports Rainbow Village’s mission. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and work in partnership with the board to create and execute a strategic direction for the organization that fulfills and advances its mission.
Organizational Leadership, Vision and Management:
- Provide effective, inspiring leadership that energizes the organization
- Ensure ongoing organizational excellence, rigorous portfolio evaluation and maintenance and consistently deliver on the promise of home
- Expand, develop, and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
- Lead, coach, and develop Rainbow Village’s senior management team
- Develop and maintain a set of Key Performance Indicators and corresponding benchmarks of success for all functional areas; consistently meet or exceed the targets
Fundraising & Financial:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future expansion
- Actively participate in donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship in a way that delivers results
- Prepare and submit an annual operating budget for review and board approval, manage effectively within this budget, ensure continued financial viability of organization and portfolio, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered
- Establishes and operates within healthy ratios for all key operating areas, including but not limited to maintenance personnel to home ratio, development personnel to revenue raised ratio, income to debt ratio per home
- Maintain and grow organizational reserves and investments to steward the organization into the future
Strategic Planning & Future Growth:
- Provide leadership and input for the development and execution of all strategic planning processes in partnership with key stakeholders
- Develop and execute the strategic business plan for new home expansion
- Build new partnerships and grow existing partnerships with funders and other stakeholders
- Ensure that Rainbow Village assumes a leadership position among housing provider agencies and advocates for the ongoing reform of policy and practice within the ID/DD community
- Actively engage and energize key stakeholders with the mission, including but not limited to board members, partnering organizations, event committees, volunteers, funders, key legislators, individual residents and their families
- Participate in regional, area, state wide or other planning meetings; Serve as a spokesperson for the agency
- Represents the organization with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of the brand and communications with the goal of creating a stronger, more recognizable brand
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the mission of Rainbow Village. In addition to proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s in business, social services or non-profit management required with an MBA, other master’s or advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of senior management experience
- Track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality service-driven products, programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures